Postal code is pattern of alphanumeric used for sorting the mails.
Postal code is also known as Pin Code or Zip Code.
The 1st digit in Postal Code represent the certain group of states.
2nd and 4rd code together represent a region or city, large city in that group.
4th and 5th represent more specific area like small city, town or part of the city.
The main town in a region often gets the first ZIP codes for that region.
Afterward, the numerical order often follows the alphabetical order.
Most of the lowest zip codes are available in the New England as it's begin with "0".
The numbers increase southward along the East Coast.
United States Zip Code pattern
- 0 = Connecticut (CT), Massachusetts (MA), Maine (ME), New Hampshire (NH), New Jersey (NJ), Puerto Rico (PR), Rhode Island (RI), Vermont (VT), Virgin Islands (VI), APO Europe (AE), FPO Europe (AE)
- 1 = Delaware (DE), New York (NY), Pennsylvania (PA)
- 2 = District of Columbia (DC), Maryland (MD), North Carolina (NC), South Carolina (SC), Virginia (VA), West Virginia (WV)
- 3 = Alabama (AL), Florida (FL), Georgia (GA), Mississippi (MS), Tennessee (TN), APO Americas (AA), FPO Americas (AA)
- 4 = Indiana (IN), Kentucky (KY), Michigan (MI), Ohio (OH)
- 5 = Iowa (IA), Minnesota (MN), Montana (MT), North Dakota (ND), South Dakota (SD), Wisconsin (WI)
- 6 = Illinois (IL), Kansas (KS), Missouri (MO), Nebraska (NE)
- 7 = Arkansas (AR), Louisiana (LA), Oklahoma (OK), Texas (TX)
- 8 = Arizona (AZ), Colorado (CO), Idaho (ID), New Mexico (NM), Nevada (NV), Utah (UT), Wyoming (WY)
- 9 = Alaska (AK), American Samoa (AS), California (CA), Guam (GU), Hawaii (HI), Northern Mariana Islands (MP), Oregon (OR), Washington (WA), APO Pacific (AP), FPO Pacific (AP)
India Pin Code pattern
- 1 - Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Chandigarh
- 2 - Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand
- 3 - Rajasthan, Gujarat, Daman and Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli
- 4 - Chattisgarh, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Goa
- 5 - Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Yanam (district of Pondicherry)
- 6 - Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry (except Yanam), Lakshadweep
- 7 - West Bengal, Orissa, Assam, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Meghalaya, Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- 8 - Bihar, Jharkhand
Click here to search Postal Code